Eventful week I must say. I learnt a few valuable lessons from situations thrown my way.
My parents took off on a holiday for four days, leaving the house and my super tantrum throwing sister under my custody. The slew of instructions given to me would tell you, easily , that they were expecting to come back to this :
I can proudly tell you that my house is still standing - every piece of furniture intact AND sister dearest has not starved to death.
Now here is a list of a few stark and harsh realizations :
1) I was under the impression that my Mum was the coolest being that walked this planet because of how effortlessly she took care of both the house and us. I Was Wrong. She is Divinity! And more.
2) I suck at remembering details like groceries and to-do-lists when it comes to keeping a house.
3) I always knew I was a fantastic cook. Fucking delusions I tell you. Turns out I can't cook when I'm on a time leash, I need my own sweet time to do my thang!
4) I should learn to appreciate brainiacs who came up with benevolent concepts like refrigeration and processed food , more often. Someone please tell me they won a Noble prize!
5) I have OCD (I need to check the gas ten times, every latch of every door a hundred times inspite of knowing that I have already done it)
6) And Selective Amnesia (I forgot to water all the 20 and odd plants we have at home. Even the big bright green one right in the living room!)
7) I AM NOT READY TO GET MARRIED AND START MY OWN FAMILY. *shudders at the thought*. To all those awesome ones who are espoused and are learning to do quite well, RESPECT. You go girlfriend!
8) My kids will be fat and chubby. Why? Because their mum cant cook on time for school and will eventually land up buying fat burgers for them. Everyday!
2) I suck at remembering details like groceries and to-do-lists when it comes to keeping a house.
3) I always knew I was a fantastic cook. Fucking delusions I tell you. Turns out I can't cook when I'm on a time leash, I need my own sweet time to do my thang!
4) I should learn to appreciate brainiacs who came up with benevolent concepts like refrigeration and processed food , more often. Someone please tell me they won a Noble prize!
5) I have OCD (I need to check the gas ten times, every latch of every door a hundred times inspite of knowing that I have already done it)
6) And Selective Amnesia (I forgot to water all the 20 and odd plants we have at home. Even the big bright green one right in the living room!)
7) I AM NOT READY TO GET MARRIED AND START MY OWN FAMILY. *shudders at the thought*. To all those awesome ones who are espoused and are learning to do quite well, RESPECT. You go girlfriend!
8) My kids will be fat and chubby. Why? Because their mum cant cook on time for school and will eventually land up buying fat burgers for them. Everyday!
9) Good neighbors who feed you nice and well and take you out for shopping when your parents are not in town, are a blessing.
10) And so is your awesome domestic help who volunteers to do more work and help you. With a smile. Thank God for small mercies right?
Yes I had my super awesome maid and the lovely neighbors to help me for four days. And I still found it difficult to take care of the house. What. I never claimed to be superwoman. Infact, I suck at it. Weren't you listening?!
10) And so is your awesome domestic help who volunteers to do more work and help you. With a smile. Thank God for small mercies right?
Yes I had my super awesome maid and the lovely neighbors to help me for four days. And I still found it difficult to take care of the house. What. I never claimed to be superwoman. Infact, I suck at it. Weren't you listening?!






6 comments:
LOL This is so funny!
haha.. this is soo funny.. I also think mother's are super awesome. They seem to do all the things at once with ease. :)
hahahah....me too...though I wouldn't bother with the cooking part, I'd just order takeout.
LOL.
i can't cook for the life of me! i'd rather order fries at mcdonalds. xD
@ Jodie : =D I almost died trying to keep everything in place! But well =D
@ Mayen : It's amazing how they do it right!
@ Cricketfreak : Then you will have fat kids too =D
@ Hamza Bin Ladin : =D
@ Ishashime : you are 18! you are not expected to cook =D
Post a Comment
Say away!