Subscribe:

Monday, 4 July 2011

Crushing on the eye candy.



The current post is more like a rant to clear my head. You were warned, don't sharpen your machetes later.

You all know how this story goes.
Above average looking guy you used to hang out with, you know, someone who you never really gave a  thought about , that way. A few years crawl and creep. and *jaw drop* IS THAT HOW HE LOOKS NOW?!

Yes yes, the same story.

So, lets call this hot stuff person EyeCandy. 

EC and I were good friends back when I used to be in a different city. A good eight years back. Same church and all that. He was there. He was a nice guy. He was my friend. Probably a little closer than the others, but the chapter does not go a word beyond that. Or so I thought. 

I liked the other guy better and EC knew that. That other guy started showing signs of turning into a major looser, like crystal and EC who by now was a really good friend of mine, started making it obvious that he had a thing for me.
And at some point during the vacation bible school (yes, Sunday school was where most of the flirting happened. don't you give me that look) I realized that I started trying to sneak furtive glances at EC, at times conveniently forgetting to look away when he did the same. I had just given my exams then and ergo got permission from my folks to bitt my tent in the church premises for the entire vbs week with my friends. Naturally, EC stayed back because I did. And I kind of started to like him. I will never forget that crazy summer. I got to spend almost an entire week with my best friend han and EC and some other lovely people. 

I had to go away to a different place to study. I forgot all about the sudden spurge of fondness toward that above average looking guy I used to hang out with, you know, someone who I never really gave a  thought about , that way.
Guys came. Guys went. 

We kind of lost touch. 

Social networking sites are a blessing. And guess who turns out to be the stud in demand? (No brownies for the right answer. that was an easy one)
 I am not exaggerating when I say that any semblance to coherent thought left my head when I went through his album on facebook. EC is HOT . period.
He and I made efforts to stay in touch. I was already in a relationship with the-ex and EC had just been dumped by his psycho girlfriend. We meet after three years when I happened to be in that city and he insisted on being with me the entire day. We laughed at the silly awesome kids we were and caught up on everything significant and otherwise. We had a crazy time and got lost searching for a friends place. We were on his bike the entire evening. He started to open up and tell me more about his psycho ex and everything between them. Honestly, I remember being startled through out the conversation because he was a completely different person  now. Way more responsible and mature. And I was happy for him. 
We stayed in touch for a little longer after that. We were too caught up in our own lives to stick to it much.

And now, after all this while, I am back in talking terms with the hot stud again. Nothings changed. Only that he got even hotter. We used to always flirt lightly. But now, it has gone a step further. 
I started crushing on him. 
EC is so not my type. I mean he is really really sweet and caring and super fun to be with but he isn't exactly my kind of a guy. He is more laid back and chill. Not power crazy and driven. He is into making quick money. Not a bright student, nor very focused. He is, I don't know, not just my type but he makes up for it by being awesome in his own way like being very independent and responsible. But then again, "my type" of guys never really worked out for me because of the madness. But...Is it also possible that I am actually feeling this way only because I've been out of the dating scene for quite sometime now and because EC is a good friend and because he is really really attractive and because I have a thing for adrenaline junkies?
EC has called it quits with 8 girls in the past 6 months because all they wanted was to get laid and they were whoring around. You see my point?  He genuinely is a nice guy and its been sometime since I have seen guys who don't jump at the opportunity to get some meaningless action. I was beginning to think that the entire male gene pool was only good booze, fast cars and sex.  

We have been texting each other every free minute for a few days now, which is quite a lot. He keeps bringing up the past. He tells me how much he used to crush on me. He still does, that's evident but I don't know if he wants to take this ahead. He is more career oriented these days. Even worse, I don't know if I want to take this ahead. and definitely no long distance.
Ha. this did clear my head. I will probably go on a date with him when I get to meet him next, like I told him. But that would be it. There wont be a second. I have a feeling this wont work and I promised myself not to get into anything hastily.

EyeCandy told me something that made me smile for a really long time the other day. 
"If you had stayed back in the same city, we would have been going out by now. Like in a relationship. And  we would have been serious and I most definitely know that I would have been more focused in life. Like you."

I still smile whenever I remember this.
And yeah. no way I'm going to edit all of this. Its almost 3 a.m. Sleep tight. 





6 comments:

Jodie-Ann Muckler said...

o.O
That's such a sweet thing he said. :) I really like this post :D
Night night!

Jodie-Ann Muckler said...

And I love VBS XD
Cute guys. ;) We prank called one of our friends during VBS once. It was sooo fun :D

Delilah said...

prank called. wait, i want to know more! =D
I knowww right? According to me, there is nothing more respectable than a guy who respects a girl =)
thank you =)

Furree Katt said...

EC sounds like the perfect guy! decent, smart, hot, friendly. i hope your feelings get sorted out soon :D i know whatever you decide, it'll be for the best. in my opinion you need to get back into the dating scene! i bet you're uber hot :D

ishashime said...

EC does sound like an awesome guy and he really does seem to like you still. teehee.
i'm sure you're going to be able to choose your next move with him wisely. all the best. :D

Delilah said...

@Furree : Haha. He does? I think I overplayed him then =p Kidding. sigh. I know its been a long time, but I dont really feel like dating anyone for now.and lol, I'm not the conventional hot. Guys just find me attractive ;). Love.

@ishashime : He does like me still but he has his own issues =) I really dont want anything happening, just a date would be nice. thank you! you are awesome. =D

Post a Comment

Say away!